Covid-19 – Face Coverings
Written by Big Hits Admin on 8 July 2020
Face Coverings On Public Transport
From 10 July 2020 it’s the law that passengers and staff on public transport in Northern Ireland must wear a face covering:
– on bus, coach and train services
– in public transport stations
– in indoor areas of a ferry and outdoor areas where you can’t keep two metres social distance
This law does not apply to tour coaches and taxis or private hire vehicles but some operators may have their own rules you should follow.
Although face coverings may not prevent you from becoming infected with the virus, they help prevent people who don’t know they have the virus spreading it to others.
By wearing a face covering you are are showing your support and consideration for other passengers and staff and playing your part to prevent transmission of the virus.
You don’t have to wear a face covering:
– on school transport
– if you are under the age of 13
– if you are a member of staff and are behind a protective screen
– if you are a passenger or a member of staff and have a reasonable excuse
For further information visit: